Position as a Travel Specialist on Japan and the Far East.
Looking for travel sales consultant with a passion to sell holidays, to Japan, the Far East region, although you may also be required to service worldwide clients coming into the UK or travelling within the European region.
We require that you have good/exceptional destination knowledge, either gained through living or working in the Far East and Japan, or through extensively travelling and selling the region.
• Use your destination knowledge and personal insight to tailor-make itineraries to suit the requirements of prospective clients and convert to sales.
• Selling of rail passes and optional tours mainly to Japan/Asia, the UK and Europe.
• Make the best out of telephone/email enquiries as you provide friendly but professional service with a keen eye on the identification of potential leads.
• Provide the highest possible levels of customer service and be prepared to put in special effort to ensure a smooth and enjoyable customer journey before, during and after-sales in order to increase our repeat clients.
• Use our preferred partners to offer high quality product and optimum return on sales and offer ancillary products as appropriate to enhance our clients’ journeys.
• Confidently interact with customers through phone conversations, emails and at time face-to-face contact.
• Passion for travel
• Good feel of the travel industry/business with a good level of commercial awareness
• Good time management and personal organizational skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to fulfill clients’ needs
• In depth knowledge of Far East / Asia & Japan region and some knowledge of the UK
• Good attention to detail
• Internal motivation to deliver and exceed targets
• GDS experience, ideally Amadeus is a plus
• Ability to speak a second language (Japanese and/or Korean preferable) is a plus
• If you would like to apply for the position please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org